Pasteurization is a heat-treatment process that destroys pathogenic microorganisms in certain foods and beverages. The name comes from French Microbiologist Louis Pasteur. Louis Pasteur (in the 1860s) was demonstrated that abnormal fermentation of wine and beer could be prevented by heating the beverages to about 57° C (135° F) for a few minutes.
The Purpose of Pasteurization:
- To increase milk safety for the consumer: The process destroys the pathogenic microorganisms (diseases causing) that usually present in milk.
- To increase keeping the Milk quality: The Process destroys the spoilage microorganisms and enzymes. Enzyme and microorganisms reduced the quality and shelf life of milk. Hence Pasteurization increase the expiry date of milk and milk products.
Common Pasteurized Products:
- Canned Foods
- Dairy products (Milk, Yogurt, Cheese, Butter Milk)
- Fruit juices
Buy Pasteurized Products Form Amazon:
·Pure Monoflora Honey 500 Gm: https://amzn.to/3fbq3zt
·Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 750 ml: https://amzn.to/3cILmqh
·Amul Gold Milk (Pasteurized), 1L (Pack of 12): https://amzn.to/2MDBpA0
|63ºC (145ºF)||30 minutes||Vat Pasteurization|
|72ºC (161ºF)*||15 seconds||High-temperature short-time Pasteurization (HTST)|
|89ºC (191ºF)||1.0 second||Higher-Heat Shorter Time (HHST)|
|90ºC (194ºF)||0.5 seconds||Higher-Heat Shorter Time (HHST)|
|94ºC (201ºF)||0.1 seconds||Higher-Heat Shorter Time (HHST)|
|96ºC (204ºF)||0.05 seconds||Higher-Heat Shorter Time (HHST)|
|100ºC (212ºF)||0.01seconds||Higher-Heat Shorter Time (HHST)|
|138ºC (280ºF)||2.0 seconds||Ultra Pasteurization (UP)|
Does pasteurization change the nurition value of milk?
As per the CDC, this process does not change the nutritional value of the milk. Only vitamin C doesn’t survive after the pasteurized, so most of the dairy company added vitamin c in the milk after pasteurization.
If you’re thinking, Raw milk-drinking is good for health because it’s a good source of beneficial bacteria like probiotics. then you should know that it could be harmful and make you sick because the Mycobacterium tuberculosis and other more heat-resistant of the non-spore-forming, disease-causing microorganisms found in milk.
For More Details Watch this Video: (Mainly How to Pasteurize Raw Milk at Home?)
- What is Pasteurization?
- What is Disinfectant and antiseptic? Disinfectants vs antiseptic
- Why More Men are Dying from Coronavirus than Women?
- COVID-19 IN HIGH TEMPERATURE: WILL SUMMER TEMPERATURE KILL THE CORONA VIRUS?
- Pool Sample: ICMR Advises ‘New Testing Method’ to increase the number of COVID-19 Test
- করোনা ভাইরাস কি? (What is Corona Virus?) করোনা ভাইরাস (COVID-19) কিভাবে ছড়ায়?
- Why 70% of Alcohol (IPA) used for Hand Sanitizer?
- Social Distancing: What is Social Distancing? Does social distancing work?
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy: Risk of COVID-19 infection in Pregnant Women and New Born Baby
- What are the COVID-19 Symptoms?
- What is Coronavirus? (COVID-19) How Coronavirus can Enter into our Body?
- Vizag Gas Leak: Styrene Gas Leaked from LG Polymers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccine: ChAdOx1, developed at Oxford’s Jenner Institute
- Use of Silver Nanoparticles in HIV Treatment
- Salt stress and Phyto-biochemical Responses of Plants (Review Article)
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND ITS TREATMENT (A REVIEW ARTICLE)