COVID-19 is a new disease so scientists are still learning how COVID-19 spreads. The COVID-19 spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose of infected personnel when he/ she coughs or sneezes.
Mode of transmission of COVID-19 is two types:
1. Person to person spread
2. COVID-19 Spreads from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects:
Person to person COVID-19 spreads
The coronavirus is supposed to spread commonly from one COVID-19 positive person to another healthy person.
- Healthy Peoples who are in close contact with another COVID-19 person (within about 8 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets or nasal discharge produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These infected people’s respiratory droplets or discharge can place on the mouths or noses or any other body parts of healthy people and he/ she is near or possibly to inhale into the lungs.
According to different scientists, coughs and sneezes can travel several feet and can stay suspended in the air for up to 10 minutes.
COVID-19 Spreads from Contact with Contaminated Surfaces or Objects:
It is identified, that a person can get infected COVID-19 by touching a contaminated surface or object. Respiratory droplets or discharge of COVID-19 person can land on surfaces or objects. Healthy people may come into contact with those objects and COVID-19 infection may happen when they touch their nose, mouth or eyes.
It is also identified that the spread of COVID-19 is of particular concern on airplane transport, where droplets or discharge containing coronavirus could pass between passengers or via surfaces like airplane seats, seat belts, and armrests.
Based on the study, the coronavirus can stay alive on different surfaces. It can live up to several hours on the surface of copper and cardboard. It also alive up to a few days on the surface of the plastic and stainless steel. However, the number of viable viruses declines over time and May not always is present in enough numbers to cause infection.
Watch this video.
Pregnancy and COVID-19
- Windlass Healthcare Hiring for Business Development (Pharma & Nutraceutical)
- Urgent Requirement for Production Chemist
- What are Oxygen absorbers and How works?
- Urgent Opening For Manager/Group Leader for Food Lab
- What is Pasteurization?
- What is Disinfectant and antiseptic? Disinfectants vs antiseptic
- Urgent required for Purchase Executive
- Why More Men are Dying from Coronavirus than Women?
- COVID-19 IN HIGH TEMPERATURE: WILL SUMMER TEMPERATURE KILL THE CORONA VIRUS?
- Pool Sample: ICMR Advises ‘New Testing Method’ to increase the number of COVID-19 Test
- করোনা ভাইরাস কি? (What is Corona Virus?) করোনা ভাইরাস (COVID-19) কিভাবে ছড়ায়?
- Why 70% of Alcohol (IPA) used for Hand Sanitizer?
- Social Distancing: What is Social Distancing? Does social distancing work?
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy: Risk of COVID-19 infection in Pregnant Women and New Born Baby
- What are the COVID-19 Symptoms?
- What is Coronavirus? (COVID-19) How Coronavirus can Enter into our Body?
- Vizag Gas Leak: Styrene Gas Leaked from LG Polymers