CSIR-CFTRI invites eligible candidates to appear for a Walk-in-Interview for a 1 [one] position of
Junior Research Fellow on a temporary basis tenable at the Department of Meat and Marine
Sciences, CSIR-CFTRI under the research project “Marine bacterial carrageenase for production of
carageenan oligosaccharides useful in food and biomedical applications” (GAP-0464).
Venue : Meat and Marine Sciences Department, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore.
Date & Time : 14.09.2018; 10.30 A.M.
First class M.Sc./B.E/B.Tech. in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Molecular biology/Biochemistry/ with good
academic record and should have been qualified NET/GATE OR M.Tech. in Biotechnology/Food processing.
A fellowship of Rs.16,000/- per month plus HRA as per DBT/CSIR Rules.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 14.09.2018 i.e. the last date of
receiving the applications. Age relaxation as applicable by Govt. of India rules for
SC/ST/OBC and women candidates will be considered.
2. The engagement of JRF is exclusively for the above mentioned research work.
3. The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis in the externally funded
project (GAP-0464) for a maximum period of Four months and is co-terminus with the
project, if the project terminates earlier or till the funds are available, whichever is earlier.
4. The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/claim
whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-
CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
5. Performance of the JRF will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not
satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s
stipend in lieu thereof.
6. No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
7. If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is
mandatory at the time of interview.
Interested eligible candidates may appear for walk-in-interview and report to Dr. N M Sachindra,
Chief Scientist, Department of Meat & Marine Sciences, CSIR-CFTRI Mysore on 14.09.2018
at 10.30 AM While attending the interview, candidates are requested to bring all the original
supporting documents for date of birth, educational qualification, caste certificate (if applicable)
and experience certificates for verification along with your complete Bio-data with e-mail
address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates and
passport size photo.
In case, large number of candidates turn up for the interview, the candidates will be short-listed by
a duly constituted Screening/Selection Committee and only short-listed candidates would be